Sweet Vanilla Crepe Recipe
This dish makes me feel like I am enjoying a decadent brunch out to eat... and not the healthy kind! My favorite thing about crepes is that your flavor combinations are endless! From savory to sweet, crepes are a fun way to be creative and learn alternative ways to make your protein satisfying.
Here is a few basic tips to keep in mind when cooking crepes. Make sure that you are using a 10-inch skillet and that it is completely preheated before you start cooking! Crepes can be somewhat challenging to make and the process needs to be completed relatively quickly after you pour the batter into the hot skillet. Remember: Preheat - Pour - Flip - and REPEAT!
When choosing greek yogurt to use be mindful about the sugar content. A lot of the vanilla, honey or strawberry greek yogurt is loaded with sugar (sometimes more than a candy bar)! My low sugar alternative is plain low-fat greek yogurt with a little sweetener and vanilla extract to taste. My favorite toppings are some fresh cut fruit or sugar free maple syrup Recipe yields 2 crepes (1 serving).
Vanilla Crepe Ingredients
½ Cup of Egg Whites
2.5 T Vanilla Protein Powder
1 T Vanilla Almond Milk
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
Optional: A Few Drops of Vanilla Extract
Filling: 1 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt or Sweeten Plain Greek Yogurt
1. Spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray or olive oil and heat to medium-high.
2. Combine all crepe ingredients together in a medium bowl and whisk together.
3. Pour ½ of the crepe batter into hot skillet. You may move the skillet around to be sure the batter coats the entire bottom of the skillet.
4. After about 30 – 45 seconds start to peel the edges of the crepe off the pan with a rubber spatula. After about 1 minutes gently flip the crepe. Cook for another minute until golden brown.
5. Fill each crepe with ½ cup of greek yogurt and ENJOY!