Sheet Pan Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake
This is a family favorite and it is protein, carbs and veggies all in one!
3-4 Sweet Potatoes
1 Head of Broccoli
3-4 Boneless Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
2 T Minced Garlic
2 T Lemon Juice
2/3 Cup Olive Oil
1 ½ tsp Oregano
1 t Rosemary
½ tsp Thyme
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and peel sweet potatoes and cut into ½ inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
3. Wash broccoli and cut off florets and place into bowl with the sweet potatoes.
4. Drizzle 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper onto the sweet potatoes and broccoli and mix well until evenly coated.
5. Line a cooking sheet with foil and spread out sweet potatoes and broccoli.
6. Wash and trim chicken. If chicken breasts are thick (most are) filet them in half so they are thinner and cook faster. Note: If the chicken breasts are too thick and the chicken has to cook too long (more than 35 minutes and your veggies will get burned!).
7. Mince 2 T of garlic and transfer to a medium bowl and add lemon juice, the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil, oregano, rosemary and thyme and mix well.
9. Dip each piece of chicken into the olive oil mixture and transfer the chicken to rest on top of the vegetable.
10. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees and ENJOY!